Wednesday, October 5, 2011

~*Closer to my dreams*~

So today was a GIANT step in direction of getting what I need. I went to my SSI appointment!

The woman handling my case is a surprisingly sweet old black lady by the name of D (at least that's how she spelled it on my paperwork). She's trying to get me as much as she can; through different loopholes and such. She said there was a way for me to file under my dads name, who is deceased and (obviously) never filed, because I technically became disabled when I was a minor. So, if that goes through they can only back pay me for 6 months; but i'll still get $5,000. If that doesn't go through, I'll get $670 and some change from SSI and Disability.

For those of you that have no clue about the Social Security system, the day I filed my claim is the day they have to start paying me from. Even if I have to fight for a couple years, they still have to pay me from September of 2011. So, since the date I filed to today, i've already accrued almost $4000 in back pay!

Sooooooooooo, this means that by the time my knee surgery is done and i've been seen by the dreaded SSI doctors, I should have no problem (fingers crossed) getting my disability! Then, pay off some bills, a new car maybe and i'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment